Helping Needy Families This Christmas
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul will once again be organizing efforts to help families who are struggling this Christmas by providing Christmas baskets with food and presents. If you know of a family in need or can help to sponsor a family, please see the attached for how you can help.
St. Michael Catholic School Holiday Boutique
Saturday, December 5th, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
St. Michael Catholic School
Shop the more than 40 vendors, enjoy tasty food, and meet Santa! See attached for details.
If you haven't yet returned your pledge card for our annual stewardship renewal, please drop it in the weekly offertory collection or return it to the parish office.
New Mass Times Effective Sunday, Nov. 29
Fr. Richards, Fr. Ellis, and the St. Albert and St. Michael Cluster Transition Committee have reviewed the parish survey results regarding Mass times and are ready to share the Mass schedule for the new liturgical year.
Beginning on Nov. 29, which is the First Sunday of Advent:
- the 8:30 a.m. Sunday Mass at St. Michael will move to 8 a.m.,
- the 10 a.m. Sunday Mass at St. Albert will move to 9 a.m., and
- the 7:30 a.m. Wednesday Mass at St. Michael will be eliminated.
This week’s bulletin column from Fr. Richards explains the reasons behind these changes. A summary of the survey and complete results are also available online and will be available in print form next weekend.
Reminders: Confirmation Church Tour, LIFT Schedule Shifts
Looking ahead on the LIFT, First Communion, and Confirmation calendars, we have some unusual scheduling ahead due to special events, the holidays, and the STMA school calendar:
- Sun 11/22, after 6 p.m. Mass: 9th and 10th grade Confirmation students and parents are invited to a church tour exploring our sacred art and objects up close.
- Wed 11/25: No Confirmation classes due to Thanksgiving.
- Wed 12/2, 7 to 9 p.m.: No LIFT classes – 9th and 10th grade students have archdiocesan safety lessons. We need 90-percent attendance, so please be sure to attend!
- Sun 12/6 and Mon 12/7: No LIFT classes due to long weekend.
- Wed 12/9, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.: December LIFT class
- Sun 12/13, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.: December LIFT class
- Mon 12/14, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: December LIFT class
All of our LIFT and sacrament materials and handouts can be found online by going to the parish website, stmcatholicchurch.org, and clicking Faith Formation. Please contact Jim Thorp with questions or to volunteer. God bless!
OUR MISSION PRAYER
Glory and praise to You, O Lord. In humble gratitude for the enduring faith of St. Michael Catholic Church, we turn to You for guidance. Grant us the wisdom to comprehend Your mission for us, and the courage to joyfully bring it to completion. Transform our minds by Your truth, our hearts by Your love, and our actions for Your service. Abounding in hope through the power of the Holy Spirit, may we become a people living for Christ. Amen.
In fall of 2009 St. Michael Catholic Church embarked on a strategic planning process. It began with a comprehensive parishioner survey. The results from the survey were combined with demographic and other background information for use by the strategic planning team. The team was composed of 40+ individuals from the parish, including our clergy, staff, and lay leaders from a broad swath of committees and ministries. The results of the process were the mission prayer, a set of visionary goals, and a preliminary 2-year action plan. Included here are four documents for your information; two that came out of the planning process, and two from Town Hall Presentations to our parishioners.