At St. Michael, young people are confirmed in the spring of each year along with thousands of other teens in the Archdiocese. Each December teens who are active in their faith are invited to discern receiving the sacrament of Confirmation. This discernment process includes:
- Active participation in a Discipleship Group (called D-Groups). This includes our 8th-Grade Breakaway Ministry or High School D-Groups
- Participation in family catechesis through LIFT or the new Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Parents
Faithful participation in the Sunday Eucharist
Writing a Letter of Intent to be confirmed to Fr. Richards (December)
Choosing a Confirmation sponsor and Confirmation Saint Name (December)
Attend the IGNITE: Confirmation Day of Reflection for parents, teens and sponsors - Feb. 24, 2019 (1:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Click here for a printable summary of Confirmation for teens at St. Michael Catholic Church
- Click here for the Confirmation Discernment Packet for 2019
- Click here for the Discerning Confirmation Guide
Information for 8th Grade Breakaway (D-Groups)
- 2018-2019 8th-Grade Breakaway Schedule
- Upcoming 8th-Grade Breakaway Schedule:
- Feb. 20 - Breakaway - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Feb. 27 - Breakaway - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Mar. 6 - Ash Wednesday - NO BREAKAWAY
- Mar. 13 - LIFT & TLC - NO BREAKAWAY
- Mar. 20 - Breakaway - 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Mar. 27 - Breakaway - 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Apr. 3 - LIFT & TLC - NO BREAKAWAY
- Apr. 10 - Parish Mission - NO BREAKAWAY
- Apr. 17 - REBOOT Live with Chris Stefanik - 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Apr. 24 - Breakaway - 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- May 1 - NO BREAKAWAY
- May 8 - Breakaway - 6:30-8:30 p.m. (Transition to Host Homes)
- 8th Grade Breakaway Information
Impact Option for Non-LIFT Families with 8th Grade Breakaway Teens
- Impact is an a option for families who do not have other children in the faith formation age range (K-7th grade)
- Impact is also an option St. Michael families whose children are receiving faith formation instruction at the school
- Impact covers relevant topics for parents raising teens today
- Impact meets on three different Wednesday evenings during the year from 6:45-8:15 p.m.
- The 2018-2019 Impact dates are: Nov. 28 / Feb. 13 / Apr. 17
- Nov. 28 Impact Session: The What and Why of Discipleship Groups - Ruth Gladitsch
- Feb. 13 Impact Session: Teens and the Crisis of Faith - Bob Swift
- Apr. 17: Impact Session: REBOOT Live with Chris Stefanick
- 2018-2019 Impact + Breakaway Calendar
Information for High School Discipleship Groups