Updated Nov 2018
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion Roster
- Readers Roster
- Sacristans Roster
- Mass Coordinators Roster
- Ushers Roster
- Altar Server Rosters are not posted to the website
Our parish thrives with the support of volunteers like you, giving of their time and talent in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Mass Coordinator: A Mass Coordinator is scheduled for each Mass to ensure that all volunteers scheduled to serve have arrived and, if not, to find replacements. They communicate any pertinent information and coordinate all volunteers to ensure that Mass flows smoothly.
- Sacristan: One sacristan is needed for each Mass, including weekend, weekday, Holy Day and funeral Masses. A Sacristan’s role is to prepare the items needed at the altar for Mass. This includes preparing the credence table, which holds the sacred vessels, and the side table, which is for the extraordinary ministers to sanitize their hands prior to distributing communion. They also prepare the gifts table. After Mass, they ensure that all of the vessels are purified prior to washing and that everything is put away properly.
- Altar Server: Altar servers assist the priest at Mass. They need to arrive at church 15 minutes before their scheduled Mass and are usually scheduled approximately once per month. Altar servers need to have been baptized, received the Sacraments of Penance and Eucharist, and be in grade six or older.
- Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion: Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHCs) assist the priest in distributing the Body and Blood of Jesus during Mass and are normally needed for all weekend and Holy Day Masses. To serve as an EMHC you need to have received the Sacrament of Confirmation and be commissioned to serve in this parish.
- Reader: Readers are scheduled for each Mass. They share the duties of greeting the congregation, proclaiming the readings, reading the petitions (if a deacon is not present) and making announcements at the end of Mass. Readers need to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled Mass.
- Usher/Greeter: Ushers/Greeters are needed for all Masses, including Christmas, Easter and other special liturgies. An usher arrives 20-25 minutes early and is a host, acting on behalf of the parish, to greet people, assist seating when necessary and check the overall comfort in the church building. They open and close doors, take up the offering, distribute bulletins and straighten hymnals after Mass.
Questions on the above Liturgical Ministries may be directed to Cindy Woitalla at the parish office at 763-497-2745, ext 232 or email@example.com or Steve Long at 612-344-1544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sound Technician: Sound technicians operate the soundboard in our worship space.
- Adult Choir: The adult choir welcomes all adults. This traditional SATB choir sings at the 8 am Mass (except the first Sunday of each month) during the choral season. Additional Masses include Christmas and the Easter Triduum. Rehearsals are Thursdays, September–May, 6:30-8 p.m., in the sanctuary.
- LIFT Your Voice: Seeking energetic youth in grades 5-12. Members of this singing troupe lead praise & worship music for grades K-5 in the choir room during LIFT sessions, sing at several 6:00 p.m. contemporary Masses and lead music at Vacation Bible School. Rehearsals are Wednesdays at 6 p.m., late September–May, in the lower level.
- Children's Choir: Welcomes all youth singers in 2 through 8 grades! This choir sings at Mass approximately once a month. Weekly rehearsals are Wednesdays after school from mid- October through Lent.
- Contemporary Music Groups: There are a number of parishioners participating in contemporary music groups which serve at a select number of Masses and/or liturgical events throughout the year. Each group makes their own rehearsal schedule.
- Cantor: Cantors Lead the assembly in song during Masses without a choir or contemporary group. Schedules are released quarterly. Cantors select their Mass dates and times from the schedule. Rehearsal begins 30 minutes before Mass in the choir room with the pianist/organist. A CD library of our parish hymnal is available to cantors.
Questions on the Music Ministry may be directed to Joseph Krueger at 763-497-2745, ext 243 or email@example.com