Volunteer at School
Any new volunteer who works with children, teens, or vulnerable adults needs to have the Archdiocese-required Volunteer Application & Information Form and the “Essential Three” on file before volunteering:
- First: Print and complete the Volunteer Application and Information Form. It will need to be submitted to the school office.
- Second: Complete a criminal background check
- Most paperwork is completed and signed online.
- For first-time background checks only, Form 123B must be printed, signed, and turned in to the school office.
- Submit payment ($23) to cover the cost of the background check to the school office.
- Third: Watch the online code of conduct video, complete the online mandatory reporting training, and electronically sign and date the online code of conduct for adult volunteers.
- Fourth: Attend a three-hour, in-person VIRTUS training session (anywhere in the Archdiocese; St. Michael Catholic Church hosts VIRTUS training a few times a year).
Step-by Step instructions for new volunteers to complete the “Essential Three” can be viewed or printed by following the link below. Please contact Barb Jesser with any questions or concerns at 763-497-3887, ext. 400.
CURRENT OR PAST VOLUNTEERS
Past volunteers who have already completed the “Essential Three” are now required to renew these items every three years. VIRTUS recertification involves watching an online video (20-30 minutes) and taking a simple quiz. It does not require retaking the three-hour, in-person course. You can complete your background recheck paperwork online as well. You will be asked to watch a new code of conduct video and complete a mandatory reporter training presentation in addition to signing the new code of conduct online.
To renew your “Essential Three” requirements as a current or past volunteer, follow the instructions below. More complete, step-by-step renewal instructions are available here to view or print.
- Go to the VIRTUS website (www.virtusonline.org) and log in with your original User ID and password. If you do not remember your User ID or cannot retrieve your password, contact Barb Jesser at 763-497-3887, ext. 400. She can help you retrieve or reset your account information.
- Once you are logged in, click the Toolbox tab.
- You should see several links highlighted in yellow. Click each link and complete each item.
- Please take this opportunity to update your account information. If you completed your VIRTUS training as a volunteer for another parish or school, please change your Primary Location to “St. Michael Catholic School, St. Michael” to ensure that your background check is processed correctly.
- Remember to submit your background re-check processing fee of $12 to school.