WANT TO GROW IN FAITH AND DEEPEN YOUR PRAYER LIFE?
“To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; To seek Him, the greatest adventure; To find him, the greatest human achievement.” - St. Augustine
St. Michael Catholic Church is proud to present our first biannual Awakening Retreat! Led by Fr. Brian Park, this retreat will draw you deeper into God the Father’s tremendous love for you and provide opportunities to establish or deepen your personal relationship with Christ.
When: 5 PM Friday, Sept. 17 – 2:30 PM Sunday, Sept. 19, followed by eight Tuesday evening sessions
Where: Christ the King Retreat Center in Buffalo
Who: Open to anyone age 18 or older. You do not have to be Catholic or a parish member.
The retreat includes Mass, Confessions opportunities, Eucharistic Adoration, communal prayer times, music, talks and testimonies, small group and fellowship, and time for silence and rest.
Followup sessions will be Tuesdays, 7-8:30 PM, at St. Michael Catholic Church (with an optional 6:30 PM Mass): Sept. 21 and 28; Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26; Nov. 2 and 9
There is no registration fee. At the end of the retreat, you will be invited to give a donation to assist in covering the expenses.
Goals of the Retreat
- To help you to yield to the action of the Holy Spirit in your life so that you can begin to experience the Spirit’s presence and his working in you and through you
- To help you become a part of a community with whom you can share your Christian life and from whom you can receive support in that life
- To help you make use of effective means for ongoing growth in your relationship with Christ
Benefits of the Retreat
- Renewed or deepened relationship with Jesus
- Fuller participation in parish life
- Greater appreciation for the Eucharist and Reconciliation
- Deeper prayer life
- Greater love for Scripture
- Growth in the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit