Parish Update for Friday, May 15, 2020
May 15, 2020
No Mass Yet – but Smaller Groups Permitted
The governor’s new “stay safe” order permits smaller groups of less than 10 to gather while maintaining social distancing between members of different households. If you have questions about your parish group or space to meet, please contact the parish office at 763-497-2745. Parishioners have been asking when we are reopening for public Masses. The short answer is, we don't know yet—but we are making plans so we were will be ready as soon we are able. The Archdiocese is following the guidance of the state of Minnesota, and currently civic and religious gatherings of more than 10 people are still prohibited.
We hope to be able to share more information with you soon. In the meantime, please continue to pray for a swift end to the virus and quarantine.
Power Outage Means New Livestream Link
It appears we lost power last night, and that shut down the livestream this time. Our new livestream link is here: youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7gDx2kr_w – and you can always find the latest link on our YouTube channel webpage: youtube.com/c/StMichaelCatholicChurchStMichaelMN.
Support StMCS: Bidding Is Underway for 2020 Bids for Kids
Bidding began this morning for our Virtual Bids for Kids event today and tomorrow. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and because it’s virtual, everyone can come! The entire parish is invited to help StMCS raise more than $125,000 to support our mission. The event is free, but you still need a virtual ticket and bid number to participate. Register, view items and bid here: cbo.io/bidapp/index.php?slug=stmcs.
Adoration Closure Due to Wedding
Adoration will close this weekend for a wedding and rehearsal as follows:
- Today (Friday): Closed 5-7 PM
- Tomorrow (Saturday): Closed noon-6 PM (after 5 PM Mass)
Scheduled adorers have been notified; if you plan to drop in to adore this weekend, please avoid these times.Top of Form
Upcoming Events and Schedule Changes
- Saturday, May 23, at 10 AM: Diaconal Ordination. Diaconal Ordination for seminarians including St. Michael native Josh Salonek will be livestreamed from the Cathedral of St. Paul. For more information, visit 10000vocations.org/ordination-2020.html.
- Saturday, May 30, at 10 AM: Presbyteral Ordination. Priestly Ordination for seminarians including our teaching parish seminarian Dcn. Tim Tran will be livestreamed from the Cathedral of St. Paul. For more information, visit 10000vocations.org/ordination-2020.html.
- Friday, June 5, 7:30 AM: Daily Mass. Friday morning Mass moves to 7:30 AM for the summer.
We Need Your Support
Even with public Masses and school suspended, we still pay for staff, facilities, debt service and more—as well as providing charitable support for those in need. Please continue to donate if you are able. Mail in or drop off your envelope, complete an electronic funds transfer (EFT) form for automatic withdrawal, or donate online using the Virtual Offertory button on our homepage, stmcatholicchurch.org.