Update from Fr. Richards and Archbishop Hebda on Public Masses
On Friday, I received this latest communication from our Archbishop Hebda (also speaking for the bishops of Minnesota) at 4:30 PM this afternoon. I share the bishops’ sentiments and support them in the work that they are doing during these trying times for us all. Know that I and Fr. Joe Zabinski continue to pray for you daily. We sense the struggle that this has been on so many levels. Our staff and leadership will continue to serve you as creatively and generously as they have been. Thank you for your gifts of prayers, support, gratitude, supplies and food, patience and perseverance.
Please note that our parishes have already been offering Mass for 10 or fewer people (basically, clergy and liturgical ministers). Please note, as well, the bishops’ commitment to the common good and religious freedom, as well as the upcoming meeting the middle of next week.
We love you, but not nearly as much as Our Lord,
Fr. Peter Richards
Small Groups (Less Than 10 People) Permitted with Social Distancing
The “stay safe” order permits groups of less than 10 to gather while maintaining social distancing between different households. If you have questions about your group or space to meet, please contact the parish office at 763-497-2745.
Tentative Sacrament Dates
We have set tentative sacrament dates for the First Communion and Confirmation Masses. Unfortunately, given the coronavirus, attendance at First Communion and Confirmation Masses will be limited; families have already received information about rehearsals and who can attend, but family, friends and parishioners who cannot attend are invited to watch the Masses via livestream.
- First Communion Mass for St. Michael Catholic School students: Saturday, June 6, 11 AM
- First Communion Mass for Faith Formation students: Sunday, June 7, at 1:30 PM
- Confirmation Mass: Wednesday, June 10, at 7 PM
These dates are tentative until we know we can hold public Masses. All three are at St. Michael Catholic Church.
Upcoming Events and Schedule Changes
- Saturday, May 23, at 10 AM: Diaconal Ordination. Diaconal Ordination for St. Michael native Josh Salonek—for livestream information, visit 10000vocations.org/ordination-2020.html.
- Saturday, May 30, at 10 AM: Presbyteral Ordination. Priestly Ordination for our teaching parish seminarian Dcn. Tim Tran—for livestream information, visit 10000vocations.org/ordination-2020.html.
- Friday, June 5, 7:30 AM: Daily Mass. Friday morning Mass moves to 7:30 AM for the summer.