Parish Update for Wednesday, May 20, 2020
May 20, 2020
Celebrate Josh Salonek’s Diaconate Ordination this Weekend!
This Saturday at 10 AM, St. Michael native Josh Salonek will be ordained a transitional deacon, in preparation for ordination to the priesthood next spring. The entire parish is invited to celebrate virtually with the Saloneks:
- To watch the ordination Mass via livestream from the Cathedral of St. Paul, visit 10000vocations.org/ordination-2020.html.
- Then tune in to our livestream of the 10:30 AM Mass this Sunday for the newly ordained deacon’s first homily in his home church! (Our livestream link can be found on our parish homepage or our YouTube channel at youtube.com/c/StMichaelCatholicChurchStMichaelMN.)
And don’t forget: Next Saturday, May 30, at 10 AM, our teaching parish seminarian Dcn. Tim Tran will be ordained as a priest. For more information, visit 10000vocations.org/ordination-2020.html.
Adoration Closures Friday
Public Masses may be suspended, but weddings continue! Adoration will close this Friday, May 22, for a wedding and rehearsal as follows:
- Rehearsal: closed 8-10 AM
- Wedding: closed 2-5 PM.
Scheduled adorers have been notified; if you plan to drop in to adore on Friday, please avoid these times.Top of Form
Help Us Stay in Touch with You When Masses Reopen
Please update your contact information by answering a few easy questions. We hope to be able to send text messages to our parishioners soon. If you have a cell phone that can receive texts, providing us with that phone number will assist us in contacting you with important information in a timely and convenient way. Thank you!
Tentative Sacrament Dates
We have set tentative sacrament dates for the First Communion and Confirmation Masses. Unfortunately, given the coronavirus, attendance at First Communion and Confirmation Masses will be limited; families have already received information about rehearsals and who can attend, but family, friends and parishioners who cannot attend are invited to watch the Masses via livestream.
- First Communion Mass for St. Michael Catholic School students: Saturday, June 6, 11 AM
- First Communion Mass for Faith Formation students: Sunday, June 7, at 1:30 PM
- Confirmation Mass: Wednesday, June 10, at 7 PM
These dates are tentative until we know we can hold public Masses. All three are at St. Michael Catholic Church.