Covid-19 and Faith Formation: Will there be Faith Formation at St. Michael Catholic Church this fall? The short answer is yes we plan to move ahead with LIFT Family Formation, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, 1st Communion Classes, Impact for 8th Grade Parents, and the Fall Bible Study. The longer answer is that all of these formation opportunities will have to adapt to the limitations placed upon us by the Covid-19 pandemic. We expect to receive clear Covid-19 safety guidelines from the Archdiocese for Faith Formation activities in parishes by mid-August. Once we receive those guidelines we will announce what St. Michael Faith Formation events will look like this fall. Thank you for your patience as we strive to provide safe, yet meaningful Faith Formation for our parish community.
Peace and Blessings from Bob & Andrea
Online Registration For Discipleship Groups / Faith Formation Is Now Open
At St. Michael Catholic Church young people are confirmed in the spring of each year along with thousands of other teens in the Archdiocese. Over the months of February and March teens in 8th - 12th grade who are active in their faith and participating in a Discipleship Group are invited to discern receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
St. Michael Confirmation Discernment Process:
- Active participation in a Discipleship Group. This includes the 8th-Grade Discipleship Group Ministry or High School Discipleship Group Ministry
- Participation in LIFT Family Formation or the Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Parents (8th Grade Families Only)
Faithful participation in the Sunday Eucharist
Attend the Ignite Confirmation Retreat at St. Michael Catholic Church (January 24, 2021)
Writing a Letter of Intent to be confirmed (February - March 2021)
Choosing a Confirmation Sponsor and Confirmation Saint Name (February - March 2021)
Important Information Regarding Confirmation for 2021:
- The date of Confirmation for St. Michael is Sunday May 9 at 2:00 p.m. at the Cathedral of St. Paul
- The date of the Confirmation Rite of Receiving Mass is Sunday May 16 at the St. Michael a.m. Masses (Attend one Mass)
- Have questions about Confirmation? Email Bob Swift: [email protected]
Important Information Regarding the 8th Grade Discipleship Group Ministry
- 8th Grade Discipleship Group Information on the STMA Youth Ministry Website
- Have questions about 8th grade Discipleship Groups? Email Ruth Gladitsch: [email protected]
LIFT Family Formation
- Families with an 8th grade teen in the Discipleship Group Ministry also need to participate in either LIFT or Impact (Choose One)
- LIFT (Learning in Faith Together) Family Formation embraces the Church's vision of parents as the primary educators of their children. LIFT is for both parents and their children. LIFT is offered one day each month October thru April on Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday. Programming is based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church and Sacred Scripture. LIFT sessions include specific formation opportunities for children in grades K-5, teens in grades 6-8, and for adults. Materials for each family is provided for the continuing faith conversation in the home. 8th Grade teens who attend LIFT will receive formation from Youth Ministry team using the YOUCAT Teen Catechism and YOUCAT Study Guide.
- 8th Grade Discipleship Group + LIFT Calendar
- Have questions about LIFT? Email Bob Swift: [email protected]
Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Parents
- Families with an 8th Grade teen in the Discipleship Group Ministry also need to participate in either LIFT of Impact (Choose One)
- The Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Parents is offered as an alternative to LIFT Family Formation and is for 8th grade parents. Impact sessions focus on the challenges parents face today in helping their teen to become a fully intentional disciple of Jesus Christ. Impact is held on three Wednesday evenings during the school year from 6:45-8:15 p.m. at St. Michael Catholic Church. The 2020-2021 Impact dates are: October 28, January 20, and March 24.
- 8th Grade Discipleship Group + Impact Calendar
- Have questions about Impact? Email Bob Swift: [email protected]g
Information about the High School Discipleship Group Ministry (Grades 9-12)
- High School Discipleship Group Information on the STMA Youth Ministry Website
- Have questions about High School Discipleship Groups? Email Ruth Gladitsch: [email protected]