At St. Michael Catholic Church young people are confirmed in the spring of each year along with thousands of other teens in the Archdiocese. Over the months of December and January teens in 8th - 12th grade who are active in their faith and participating in a Discipleship Group are invited to discern receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
St. Michael Confirmation Discernment Process:
- Active participation in a Discipleship Group. This includes our 8th-Grade Breakaway Ministry or High School Discipleship Groups
- Participation in LIFT Family Formation or the Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Parents (Impact is exclusively for parents with a teen in 8th Grade Breakaway)
Faithful participation in the Sunday Eucharist
Writing a Letter of Intent to be confirmed (January)
Choosing a Confirmation Sponsor and Confirmation Saint Name (January)
- Attend the Ignite Confirmation Retreat (January)
Important Information Regarding Confirmation for 2020:
- Their are 2 dates for Confirmation Masses at St. Michael:
- Confirmation Mass #1 - June 10 at 7:00 p.m.
- Confirmation Mass #2 - June 17 at 7:00 p.m.
- Families will receive direct communication as to which Mass they should attend
- Both of these Masses will be at St. Michael Catholic Church (not at the Cathedral)
- More information will be sent directly to families
- Have questions about Confirmation? Email Bob Swift: [email protected]
Information about the 8th Grade Breakaway Discipleship Group Ministry
- 8th Grade Breakaway Information
- Have questions about 8th grade Discipleship Groups? Email Ruth Gladitsch: [email protected]
LIFT Family Formation for 8th Grade Breakaway Families
- Families with an 8th grade teen in the Breakaway Discipleship Group Ministry also need to participate in either LIFT or Impact (Choose One)
- LIFT (Learning in Faith Together) Family Formation embraces the Church's vision of parents as the primary educators of their children. LIFT is for parents and their children. LIFT is offered one day each month Oct. - Apr. on Sunday, Monday, or Wednesday. Programming is based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church and Sacred Scripture. LIFT sessions include specific formation opportunities for children in grades K-5, teens in grades 6-8, and for adults. Materials for each family is provided for the continuing faith conversation in the home. 8th Grade Breakaway teens who attend LIFT will receive formation from Youth Ministry team using the YOUCAT Teen Catechism and YOUCAT Study Guide.
- Breakaway + LIFT 2020-2021 Calendar Coming Soon
- Have questions about LIFT? Email Bob Swift: [email protected]
Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Breakaway Parents
- Families with an 8th Grade teen in the Breakaway Discipleship Group Ministry also need to participate in either LIFT of Impact (Choose One)
- The Impact Ministry for 8th Grade Parents is offered as an alternative to LIFT Family Formation and is only for parents. Impact sessions focus on the challenges parents face today in helping their teen to become a fully intentional disciple of Jesus Christ. Impact is held on three Wednesday evenings during the school year from 6:45-8:15 p.m. at St. Michael Catholic Church (always on Breakaway nights). The 2019-2020 Impact dates are: Nov. 20, Feb. 12, and Apr. 15.
- Breakaway + Impact 2020-2021 Calendar Coming Soon
- Have questions about Impact? Email Bob Swift: [email protected]g
- Please Note: St. Michael Catholic School 8th grade families are automatically enrolled in Impact (registration is not necessary)
Information about the High School Discipleship Group Ministry (Grades 9-12)
- High School Discipleship Group Information
- Have questions about High School Discipleship Groups? Email Ruth Gladitsch: [email protected]