Covid-19 and Faith Formation: Will there be Faith Formation at St. Michael Catholic Church this fall? The short answer is yes we plan to move ahead with LIFT Family Formation, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, 1st Communion Classes, Impact for 8th Grade Parents, and the Fall Bible Study. The longer answer is that all of these formation opportunities will have to adapt to the limitations placed upon us by the Covid-19 pandemic. We expect to receive clear Covid-19 safety guidelines from the Archdiocese for Faith Formation activities in parishes by mid-August. Once we receive those guidelines we will announce what St. Michael Faith Formation events will look like this fall. Thank you for your patience as we strive to provide safe, yet meaningful Faith Formation for our parish community.
Peace and Blessings from Bob & Andrea
Online Registration For 1st Communion / LIFT IS Now Open
First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion preparation begins at the age of reason, which is seven years old. Families are invited to prepare for these sacraments during or after a child's second grade year. Families need to enroll and participate in both LIFT Family Formation and Sacrament Preparation Classes. Please refer to the calendar below for the dates for LIFT and Sacrament Preparation Classes for the upcoming year.
If you have specific questions about sacraments for children please contact Andrea Zachman in the Parish Office at (763) 497-2745 x216 or by email at: Andrea Zachman: [email protected]
1st Reconciliation / 1st Communion Dates 2020-2021:
- LIFT + 1st Communion Calendar
- Parent Only 1st Communion Information Meeting: Monday Sept. 24 - 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Parent Only 1st Communion Information Makeup Meeting: Sunday Oct. 4 - 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Sacrament Class Dates for 2020-2021: Oct. 11, Dec. 13, Feb. 14, Mar. 14 (Classes are from 3:00-4:00 p.m.)
- 1st Communion Retreat: Saturday Mar. 20 - 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- 1st Communion Mass for LIFT Families: Sunday Apr. 18 - 1:30 p.m.