Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Michael Catholic School! Any new volunteer who works with children, teens, or vulnerable adults at St. Michael Catholic School must complete the Archdiocese-required Safe Environment Training (Essential 3) prior to volunteering with the school in any capacity. Please follow the instructions below to get started.
Step 1: Register for a VIRTUS account using the following steps.
- Go to VIRTUS website (www.virtusonline.org)
- Choose First Time Registrant
- Click on the arrow to begin the registration process
- Please make a note of your user ID and password for future reference
- Choose the St. Paul and Minneapolis Archdiocese and follow the prompts to complete the following E3 requirements. Be sure to choose St. Michael Catholic School, St. Michael as your primary location
- Background Check
- Code of Conduct
- Online training: Protecting God's Children and Reporting Suspected Child Abuse (approximately 70 minutes)
Step 2: Print and complete Form 123B to give your consent to process the background check and submit it to the school office with your $23 fee. Your background check will not be complete until this form has been received and processed.
CURRENT OR PAST VOLUNTEERS
Thank you for your past service to St. Michael Catholic School! Volunteers who have previously completed the Safe Environment training (Essential 3) should follow the steps below for RE-credentialing, which is required every three years. Please DO NOT set up a new VIRTUS account.
To renew your Essential 3 requirements as a current or past volunteer, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the VIRTUS website (www.virtusonline.org) and log in with your original User ID and password. If you do not remember your User ID or cannot retrieve your password, contact our Safe Environment Coordinator, Cindy Rohr at [email protected] to help retrieve/reset your account information.
- Once you are logged in, click the Toolbox tab.
- You should see several links highlighted in yellow. Click each link and complete/update those items.
- Please take this opportunity to update your account information. If you completed your VIRTUS training as a volunteer for another parish or school, please change your Primary Location to St. Michael Catholic School, St. Michael to ensure that your background check is processed correctly.
- Submit your background re-check processing fee of $12 to school.
Victim/Survivor AssistanceThe Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis partners with Canvas Health, an independent and professional local care provider, to offer confidential, compassionate assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 651-291-4497.